rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

GigaStudio 3 and the Mellotron CD

db2123

I am using GigaStudio through Pro Tools and ReWire. I bought GS to convert and play Mellotron samples from the Mellotron CD (mellotron.com). when I load the intruments, they play at pitch, but there is a fast modulation effect on them. I talked to Mellotron about this and they said:
[INDENT][INDENT]---------------------------------
"
Hi David,
It's a modulation controller bug in Giga. Are the samples playing back at the correct pitch?
Call Giga. I know that they have fixes for this stuff. Did you buy it from a dealer?
Also, make SURE that there is no modulation source coming from your controller or some preset in the software.
www.audities.org <http://www.audities.org>
www.mellotron.com <http://www.mellotron.com>
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: Mellotron samples CD
David,
I've received the Mellotron CD and I can load the samples, but they seem to have this fast warbly quality to them. I don't remember this effect when using them before. Is it something I should look to correct in GigaStudio, or on the import from Akai format? Would you be able to direct me to a website or other resource?
-----------------------------------[/INDENT][/INDENT]
Is there a modulation controller bug? What is the fix for this problem?
My setup is:
Windows XP service pack 2
Pro Tools 7
gigastudio 3.0 Solo (used through ReWire in Pro Tools)
m-audio keystation 49e (USB)
Thanks for any help you can provide,
david
May 17, 2006 @04:37pm
db2123

actually, I'm realizing that the problem is that when it is loaded as an instrument in Gigasampler, the sample is being played at twice the speed, so it's high.
I was auditioning the sound with the "Play Audition Sample" and it sounds perfect, but when I load the sound, it's twice the speed.
Any idea how to fix this? I have Gigastudio 3 Solo, so I don't have the GS Editor.
Any help would be appreciated.
David
May 18, 2006 @02:17am
db2123

Akai converter misinterprets keymapping of samples... so you have to...
- Import Akai files from the Mellotron CD into .wav (Import to Wave)
- Rebuild Quick Sound Database
- Select all of the .wav files in your instrument subfolder
- Right-Click and select "Load to Distributed Wave..."
- This will launch the Distributed Wave Editor
- drag the note files to the correct keys (C#2 to the keyboard C#2)
- then export to .gig
The instruments are then mapped correctly.
May 19, 2006 @01:21pm