rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

need a recipe

yapapops

I have a nylon string Takamine w/ pick up and a Fender Acoustasonic Junior. How do I tweek it so I get a "warmer-natural " sound instead of a "can". The controls on the guitar are treble, mid, bass & volume. I find that, except for volume, if I set all three to zero- it sounds more natural but "flat" or should I say "dull".
presently the amp is adjusted to the following setting: Volume=7, Treble=5, Mid=4, Bass=6, Feedback Notch=8, Reverb=off, Chorus=on, Rate=2, Depth=2, Master Phase=on.
I'm a novice samba-boso nova player and although I don't play, by any stretch of my imagination, like Jobim, I still wish my guitar would sound like his. Any suggestions?
February 16, 2002 @08:41am
AnthemBassMan

-You could try what my Brother-in -law did. He plays a Carvin AE185 and he plugs an ART Tube MP between the guitar and amp. It's suppose to be a mic preamp, but it works excellent!
L8R,
Matt D.
February 23, 2002 @12:51pm