0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

New C.D. with a lot of synth/keys..

nddhc

I post here every now and then.. and I thought you guys might like the new No Doubt cd entitled ROCK STEADY. It has some awesome synth and keyboard parts and sequences throughout every song. I have been a fan of this band for over 6 years and I cannot wait to see them in concert coming up.. If you can make to any of the shows, you should! There is an opening band - The Faint - whos music is mostly synth related - and it is very awesome.. Both bands use some vintage synths like jupiter 8s, and moogs, along with a lot of the newer stuff..
Lemme know what you think of this album.. i really love it..
-Matt
February 11, 2002 @07:58am
Roland

Oh yes, no doubt that No Doubt's new CD is very good! I have been a fan for a long time as well. They recently played a surprise concert at my nephew's high school. How cool is that!?!?
I like the use of all the synths on the new CD. I'll have to check out The Faint as well.
February 11, 2002 @05:05pm
Bob

I read that the song "hey Baby" uses a proteus2000 for the bass line. They use it live as well. The guitarist uses one of those Roland AX1's live.
February 13, 2002 @02:08pm
nddhc

Im glad you guys like the album.. Thanks for letting me know about the keyboard used in hey baby, ive wondered that for a while.. I think toms AX-1 is controlling steve's "emu-systems" but im not sure what kind of emu it is. Do any of you know?
February 13, 2002 @10:54pm
Bob

its a Emu sampler. E4XT maybe?? not positive, but its a Emu sampler for sure
February 13, 2002 @10:56pm