0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 2

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Anyone recommend some CD Duplication/Creation companies?

shoopshoop

Hello! I'm a musician who is finishing up in the studio and is looking at CD duplication prices. I live in the Seattle area and would prefer to not pay more than $50 for shipping -- or not at all. Anyway, I've been referred to a few places, but I want to shop around to more than 3 places. I trust the people on these forums -- where else would you guys recommend? Is there a place you wouldn't recommend? Nothing needs to be rushed, so I don't need one of those 2-3 day service places...
So far, I've checked out: DiscMakers, DiscMasters and Super Digital in Oregon.
Thanks so much!
Naomi
February 28, 2006 @10:01pm
Byll

Close to you, they are not. The least expensive, they are not. However, if you are after excellent service and attention to detail, you will do well to check out Oasis. My studio works with them, exclusively.
Best.
Byll
March 4, 2006 @09:56pm
shoopshoop

Oasis was suggested by my fiancé's co-worker, too. However, I received the highest quote at Oasis for $1.60 a CD for my project, not including shipping or tax. They are awfully pricey. So far, I've received the lowest rate at SuperDigital (almost $.40 lower!) and I don't have to pay sales tax since it's Oregon and only $50 shipping. I have also seen their work firsthand, them being recommended to me by the engineer I work with. They do professional work. I'm still shopping around, but they have been the lowest so far. Oasis seems to be highly recommended, but they come at a price.
March 5, 2006 @01:16am
gcjammin1

Shoopshoop,
Try these guys. I had my project done by them. They were the only company I found that would do on disc printing for CD duplication. Everyone else used labels and only did on disc printing for CD replication, which was more expensive. They also didn't have a minimum. I only wanted 100 and everyone else had either a 300 to 500 disc minimum.
http://www.crystalclearcds.com/
Gcjammin1
March 5, 2006 @05:29pm
tkstudios

I'm quite fond of DiscMakers myself. BTW what the hell is this thing?http://www.sweetwater.com/forum/images/smilies/bunny.gif
March 18, 2006 @01:35am
lvjazzman

Oasis is the company some of my friends have used. Not the cheapest but they have great promo and distribution packaged in their price.
http://www.oasiscd.com/
March 18, 2006 @05:04am
kugaloo

Sorry, Oliver Quillia no longer represents that Rochester company from New York City. I found out that he was a Video Producer In New York City.
March 30, 2006 @05:15pm
crucialrecording

I have a CD Duplication business out of Nashville, TN. I offer CD Duplication OVERNIGHT with no extra fees. I can deliver up to 500 overnight!
Prices are:
100@$100
200@$190
300@$255
500@$390
Includes:
Duplicated CD from your master
Black On-Disc Thermal Print (no labels or ink ink jet)
Paper Sleeve with Window
All ready the next day after your artwork is approved, and I get your master.
email me at rob@crucialrecording.com
Thanks for reading!:)
July 15, 2006 @09:25am
modernbrush

am artist(visual) and got request to use my image for CD of one famous Canadian artist.(well known internationally).(he is not Madonna level but in gold , platinum sales (what is it i dont know exactly)
I have no idea how much charge for it..Please help..
September 19, 2006 @04:06am
DAS

A good friend of mine does art for music as his career (very successful, works with major label artists mostly). I've seen him charge everything from hundreds of dollars to literally many tens of thousands of dollars. It seems to depend a lot on the circumstances and budget of the artist.
September 19, 2006 @12:32pm
mr_hankey20

our band has decided to go with oasis for our duplication. even though they are a little more expensive, all the extras make it well worth it. most of the extras pertain to helping get your stuff distributed,...iTunes, Amazon.com, cdBaby, TowerRecords, and other stuff. I guess is just depends on what you are going to use your cd for. If you haven't looked yet, I would go to the website and check out all the details. Good luck!
September 28, 2006 @06:19pm
dstemper@charter.net

discweaver.com is good. they do short run up to 800 pieces. I bought some from them on ebay before they got a website. Their shipping is, by far the least of them all, and I recieved it in 2 days from the day it was shipped.
October 5, 2006 @01:41am
peanut

They not close to you but I would choose Ahlmedia.
I have used discmakers but I would much prefer to work with the good people at Ahlmedia. They offer very competitive pricing and awesome customer service. Their website is http://www.ahlmedia.com
March 28, 2007 @09:01pm
Justin

March 29, 2007 @01:59pm
redroverdog57

Check out topdogdisc.com in Chicago. Friendly, personal service with great prices. They do small and big runs and deliver on time.
April 14, 2007 @11:33pm