We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Midi Latency

Adam Garnish

I am using SONAR 2 with TASCAM 428 USB Midi Interface - so midi is being routed Mother Keyboard -> tascam midi-in -> SONAR -> tascam midi-out -> sound module.
Initially, this works well, but over time (eg 2 mins) a time lag is introduced making playing impractical.
Playback from SONAR to Sound module is instant, so my guess is it has something to do with the midi echo in SONAR.
The problem is solved by opening 'midi interfaces' and closing (thus reinitializing).
Please help.
March 18, 2003 @01:00pm
sbavin

You need to edit TTSSEQ.INI and add a line somewhere which reads:
IgnoreMIDIInTimeStamps=1
I can't remember the exact location, but it's documented in the SONAR README file.
Steve Bavin http://mp3.com/plinth
March 18, 2003 @03:11pm
Adam Garnish

Thank you so much - I have tried TASCAM, TURNKEY and even CAKEWALK themselves to try and solve this problem. NOw, after months, I have the answer - and will no longer have to record my midi in sections....
Thanks again, Steve
Adam
March 19, 2003 @06:09am
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!