Director of Distribution Center Operations
Sweetwater is seeking an experienced professional to become Director of Distribution Center Operations at our headquarters here in Fort Wayne. This is a new position in our rapidly growing company and an outstanding opportunity. This executive will report directly to our VP of Distribution and assume shared total responsibility with him for all aspects of our operation and the 250 employees who work in this department. This includes shipping, receiving, inventory control, administration, personnel development, training, scheduling and financial operations. Our ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of, and significant experience in, managing small package, LTL and truckload freight. At least five years of experience running an operation similar to ours is essential. Some other important key skill sets for our ideal candidate will be:
- outstanding leadership skills in developing, training, motivating and retaining employees, especially younger workers.
- superior, positive communication skills, both with report directs as well as with other departments within the company, and vendor partners.
- very deadline oriented (we are currently shipping 5,000 + parcels daily, seasonally as much as double that number)
- high standards surrounding both quality control and the customer “out of box” experience we provide.....detail oriented in every way
- strategic thinker: someone who can not only help us increase productivity and efficiency with the way things currently run, but also provide insights into potential improvements as we grow.
Please fill out our online application here and also feel free to attach a resume along with a cover letter that clearly expresses why you think you would be an ideal fit for this position. Relocation to the Fort Wayne area is a requirement for this position. This opportunity comes with a complete benefits package, including relocation assistance.