5501 US Hwy 30 W
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
Toll Free (800) 222-4700
Local (260) 432-8176
Fax (260) 432-1758
|March 01 2002|
|For Immediate Release|
|Media Contact: Christopher Guerin, Vice President of Corporate Communications, (800) 222-4700 ext. 1030|
|Sweetwater Introduces SetMaker - New Version 2.0|
| (Fort Wayne, Indiana) SetMaker, new version 2.0 for Mac OSX/OS9 and Windows, has just been released by Sweetwater, a leading retailer of professional audio equipment and musical instruments. SetMaker 2.0 is the ideal computer application for rapid creation and management of Set Lists. Featuring an intuitive graphic user interface, SetMaker 2.0 allows users to store song titles, keys, styles, tempos, lengths, and more. It is also THE FASTEST way to create and print out Set Lists for any occasion. "The response we received from the original release of SetMaker in December of 2001 was overwhelming," says Chuck Surack, owner and founder of Sweetwater. "Since then, we've heard from a lot of musicians who were asking for more features. SetMaker 2.0 includes many of those features plus some extra goodies."
* New "Key" Field
* Filter Songs By Key
* New "Key" Column In Every Set List
* Open Multiple Set Lists Simultaneously
* Drag And Drop Between Set Lists
* Print All The Songs In The Songs Window
* Songs In The Songs Window Are Saved With Every Modification
* Print Preview Your Print Jobs
* More Control Over Final Printed Output
* Backwards Compatibility With SetMaker 1.0/1.1 Set Lists
* Best Feature Of All: It's Still FREE!!!
Whether you're a gigging musician, a worship leader, a DJ, or a music director, SetMaker can help you organize your songs and assist you in picking the best songs for your performance. Chuck Surack says that the creation of SetMaker arose out of his own performance needs. "I struggled for a long time trying to find a way to quickly and easily make set lists that I could take to my gigs. I experimented with different database programs and spreadsheets, but nothing really seemed to get the job done quite the way I needed it. So finally I approached a couple friends and we worked together to design a custom program that met my specific needs. I'm thrilled with it and now I'm offering it to you, free of charge. I've found SetMaker to be a great help to me personally and I hope you find it to be useful as well."
There are basically two different parts or areas of SetMaker:
1. Song Manager - SetMaker is a "Song Manager" in the sense that it allows you to keep a "database" or "list" of song information. This data is automatically saved with the program and can be categorized, filtered, and manipulated in a variety of useful ways.
2. Set List Creator - SetMaker allows you to quickly select songs from your database, put them in a Set List, and print out a compact clean-looking list of songs to use for live performance, general reference, etc. You can create and save as many "Sets" as you like (unlike "Songs" which are automatically saved with the program).
|- End -|