*** Macintosh users ***
If you are using Pro Tools, Cubase/Nuendo or Logic on a Macintosh computer, the FaderPort is designed to run in HUI mode and does not require the faderport.dll file.
Native mode will be supported in Cubase/Nuendo for Macintosh in future updates. Check www.presonus.com.
Note: Cubase LE and Cubase SE(versions2 and below) are not supported.
*** Windows XP Users ***
faderport.dll – Controls the FaderPort in Native Mode (Steinberg – Cubase/Nuendo)
To set up the Faderport to work with Nuendo3 / Cubase (Native Mode) on a Windows XP computer:
1. Copy FaderPort.dll from included disc to Program Files/Steinberg/(Cubase or Nuendo)/Components folder on your hard drive.
2. Launch Nuendo/Cubase, and click on Devices/Device Setup.
3. Click on the “+” sign at the top left of the menu.
4. Choose ìPreSonus FaderPortî from the list of devices.
5. Set the MIDI Input and Output for the FaderPort to USB Audio Device.
6. You are now ready to use the FaderPort in Nuendo / Cubase.
Note: Cubase LE and Cubase SE (versions 2 and earlier) are not supported. Cubase SE3,SX3, and Nuendo 3 are supported. Check the Presonus website for more information.
If you are using Pro Tools or Logic on a Windows XP computer, the FaderPort is designed to run in HUI mode and does not require the faderport.dll file.