Since Pro Tools 10 is a 32-bit application, Reason must also be installed in 32-bit mode to function as a plug-in. Below are instructions to install Reason 6 in 32-bit (this will not effect your 64-bit installation, you can have both installed) and a required fix to allow ReWire to operate as a plug-in in Pro Tools 10.
To install Reason 6 32-bit:
Create a shortcut of the “Install Reason.exe” file.
Right-click the shortcut and select “Properties”.
At the end of the string in the “Target” field, add ” /32″ (without quotes, keep the leading space) at the very end.
Double click the shortcut to run the Reason installer in 32-bit mode.
Forcing a 32-bit installation this way should give the name “Reason (32)” to the desktop icon and Start menu folder.
For Pro Tools to find and open ReWire as a plug-in:
1. In explorer location field, type %commonprogramfiles(x86)%
2. Press enter and in that location navigate to Propellerhead Software\ReWire
3. Copy ReWire.dll
4. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
5. Paste ReWire.dll
6. Restart ProTools 10
For proper operation of ReWire in Pro Tools:
1. Make sure Reason 6, 32-bit version is the last run version of Reason (start it at least once, and repeat each time you have run another version) since each run of Reason registers its ReWire device.
2. Start ProTools 10
3. Follow the ProTools ReWire setup tutorial at:http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/rewirehelp/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=protools1