Follow these steps to use Kontakt in Garageband:
- Create a new track and then double-click the track in the timeline.
(any preset will work – but it is advisable to keep it in a similar instrument family)
- In the Track popup window, click on the Details pull-down arrow.
- Under Generator, select Kontakt from the pulldown menu.
- Select Manual and click on the Edit button.
- The Kontakt window will pop up.
- From here, you can select one preset (Garageband can not use multichannel instruments).
- To save this as a preset you can call up in Garageband, click on the Save Instrument button.