To install your EWQLSO PLAY Library on your Mac do the following:
- Insert the Disc #1 of your product into your MAC.
- Double click the item with “Installer” in the title to begin the installer process.
- After agreeing to the License terms, select your system drive in the “Select a Destination” window. NOTE: You can designate the Sample Library destination from the next screen.
- From the “Custom Install…” screen you can designate where the Sample Library content gets installed to. To the right of “Library”, click the triangle arrow icon to reveal the different sections of the Library (for Platinum/Platinum Plus). Click the location under the “Location” column to select a destination for the Library (choose ‘Other’ to browse to a specific location). We suggest installing the library on a fast drive (7200 RPM or faster) dedicated to samples for best performance. Should you choose to only install one or more sections of the Orchestra initially, and wish to install the others later, just choose only the new library sections at the later time to simply add them (do NOT reselect all of the other components as those will already be installed.)
- The next window will ask you to verify that you have all of the discs you need to succesfully install your product, then installation will begin. NOTE: Our Play libraries come on Dual Layer DVD discs, and may take upwards of 45 minutes per disc to install, so please allow sufficient time per disc, as the long installation time is normal. The progress bar is also updated after each disc, and is not always accurate. The installer will prompt you when it is ready for the next disc.
- After installation you will need to Authorize, instructions for that can be found here: iLok Authorization FAQ
- After installation we suggest that you get the latest Play Software Update to be sure that all of your software is up to the latest version, as well as any pertinent Play Library/Instruments Update to make sure your patches are all up to date. You can find the latest updates here: Play Updates Page
PLEASE NOTE: In some configurations if you have already installed a Play library on your Mac, you will notice when you install a new library that the installer will prompt you to only install the “Library” portion of the new product, this is normal, you do not need to re-install all of the other software components. Make sure to run the Play Software Update after installation.
EWQLSO PLAY Installation/Authorization General Information:
For all EWQLSO Play Edition products please note that they are completely separate from any previous NI Version. They require a fresh installation.
PLATINUM & PLATINUM PLUS:
- If you are unsure whether you have Platinum or Platinum Plus… Platinum is 16 DVD’s, and Platinum Plus is 28 DVD’s total. If you have a disc 17 then you have Platinum Plus. NOTE: the Platinum Plus content (16-bit) cannot be installed by itself, it must accompany Platinum (24-bit). The Platinum Plus installer on Disc #1 does install both.
- Both installers are on Disc #1. Make sure to run the correct installer for the package that you have. NOTE: if you have Platinum Play Edition already installed and decide to upgrade to Platinum Plus, there is a special ‘Plus Upgrade’ installer located on disc #17 that you can run to simply add the Plus content to your current Platinum install.
- For authorization, if you install a section of the orchestra, you must authorize it. This is true of Platinum Plus as well. Example: If you only want brass on a certain computer/iLok… do not install the other sections, only install brass and authorize brass. For authorization instructions click here.
- Run the installer on Disc #1 for Gold only if you have Gold Complete, do not run the Silver Installer which is also on Disc #1.
- If you have Gold Complete, you must also authorize the Silver Authorization Code that was sent to you in the Authorization Wizard, as they share content and require both licenses for operation. Gold Complete comes with both authorization codes. Authorization instructions can also be found here.
- Silver Complete only requires a Silver Authorization Code, and you will find the Silver installer on Disc #1. Do not run the Gold Installer that is on Disc #1 if you are have purchased Silver Complete. For authorization instructions click here.