Get Precise and Flexible Control Over Your Audio
Introducing Soundtrack Pro, Apple's revolutionary audio editing and sound design application. With an innovative Action-based waveform editor, multitrack editing, as well as repair and restoration capabilities, with Apple Soundtrack Pro you can design and edit audio with total creative flexibility. More than 50 effect plug-ins and over 5000 sound effect and music Apple Loops make Soundtrack Pro the professional choice for precise audio control. Apple Soundtrack Pro at a Glance:
Innovative Action-based Waveform Editor
- Extensive audio file editing capabilities with innovative waveform editor.
- More than 50 professional effect plug-ins.
- Automate common tasks with AppleScript.
- Over 5000 sound effects and musical elements.
- Auto-analyze audio files for common problems and fix them.
- Audio time-stretching.
- automatically fills deleted audio segments with natural-sounding ambience.
- Record multiple takes in a single clip.
- Console-style mixer with control surface support.
- Synchronized external video display. Seamlessly integrtates with Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Logic Express or other digital audio workstation.
The Soundtrack Pro waveform editor gives you extensive audio file editing capabilities and lets you perform non-destructive, sample-accurate manipulations of audio. With the action list, you can reorder, change, suspend or delete any edit or process action at any time - making it easy to experiment with different sound design tasks or recall, refine and modify any edits or repairs. An action insertion bar lets you quickly recall past edit and process locations. You can apply all included effects and third-party audio unit plug-ins to the audio waveform non-destructively as actions, which means you can tweak parameters long after you've applied the effect. Render files for use in other applications, or keep them in a non-destructive project format for use within Soundtrack Pro or other Final Cut Studio applications such as Final Cut Pro 5 or Motion 2. Over 50 Professional Effect Plug-ins
Create professional mixes, innovative sound effects, creative music samples and high-quality dialog using Soundtrack Pro effect plug-ins. For example, Space Designer accurately emulates the reverb qualities of any space using impulse response technology, and Match EQ helps a voice-over punch-in, ADR track or music overdub sound like the original field recording or live performance. And with support for the Audio Unit plug-in standard, you can use third-party plug-ins to augment these effects. AppleScript
Record a script from multiple operations as you perform them, then execute those steps automatically and quickly by recalling the script, whenever. You can also use Soundtrack Pro AppleScripts as droplets to batch-process thousands of audio files at once. And with Mac OS X Tiger, you can use Automator actions to automate complex multi-application workflows - speeding up your production process. To save even more time, Soundtrack Pro scripts can be executed directly from Final Cut Pro 5. More than 5000 Sound Effects
Find the right sound to build musical projects or convey the action and emotion of a picture. Soundtrack Pro provides more than 1000 sound effect Apple Loops, ranging from earthshaking explosions and whooshes to subtle ambience and foley effects, all selected from professionally produced sound effects libraries by Sound Ideas. Want music too? Soundtrack Pro also includes thousands of music Apple Loops and supports JamPack Apple Loops - as well as third-party sound effect and music libraries, including Acid, AIFF, WAV and MP3 libraries. Intelligent Find-and-Fix
Save time preparing field recorded audio or restoring old or damaged recordings. Easily remove background noise with the fast and effective "Reduce Noise" feature. Automatically detect, preview and fix clicks, pops, hum and other audio problems. Soundtrack Pro includes a set of audio tools that can quickly analyze an audio file for common problems and fix them individually or in a single operation. Time-stretch audio
Is your audio too long or too short for your video? Need to speed up or slow down a musical segment or file? Soundtrack Pro enables you to instantly change the duration of audio without affecting pitch, saving you time when you're preparing music tracks or fitting a voice-over or sound effect to video frames. You can time-stretch an audio file or selection by simply dragging audio to the desired clip length or by entering accurate time durations. You can even resize portions of an audio file to change the duration of individual words or musical elements. Ambient noise print
Get rid of unwanted noise and save time when preparing dialog tracks or editing live recordings. Set an ambient noise print and Soundtrack Pro automatically fills deleted audio segments with natural-sounding room tone or environmental noise. Multi-take recording
Soundtrack Pro enables you to record multiple takes in a single clip in the timeline. Once recorded, you can audition each take with the rest of the session by selecting it directly in the timeline - making it easy to choose the best performance or the best read. It's also easy to comp together a final track built from different segments of each take. Control Surface Support
Soundtrack Pro gives you a familiar mixer interface for interacting with your audio tracks, including multitrack editing and mixing. Hardware faders and knobs provide tactile control over mix parameters. With the Soundtrack Pro Mixer, you can automate mix and effect parameters and use sends to apply common effects to multiple tracks. You can even use output busses to group similar tracks for "single fader" control or for different delivery requirements, including DM&E mixes, alternate language tracks or director's commentaries or Stem Mixes. SoundTrack Pro supports multi-channel audio output devices, including the Mackie control surface protocol. Synchronized External Video Display
Now it's easy to place audio that's perfectly synchronized to video. Soundtrack Pro displays video up to HD resolutions, whether on an external video monitor or on a second desktop using Digital Cinema Desktop. You can also add a video to a project and view it in the resizable Video tab. Integrate Seamlessly
Open up Final Cut Pro projects to edit a single file or a whole soundtrack. Display video with the resizable tearoff video window or at full HD resolution on a second display using Digital Cinema Desktop. Execute scripts from Soundtrack Pro or Final Cut Pro 5, or as AppleScript droplets for batch processing. Or let the Mac OS X Tiger Automator do it for you. Soundtrack Pro is also great as a waveform editor or sound design tool with Logic Pro, Logic Express or other digital audio workstation. Apple Soundtrack Pro Features: Precise Audio Control
Advanced Sound Design
- Nondestructive, sample-accurate editing of mono and stereo audio files.
- Action Layers to modify, reorder, suspend or delete any audio edit, plug-in or process at any time.
- All included plug-ins and Audio Units plug-ins can be applied to supported audio files as actions.
- All included plug-ins and Audio Units plug-ins can be applied to supported audio files as real-time effect chains.
- Real-time effects applied to audio files can be bounced to actions.
- Intelligent analysis, repair and restoration functions for:
- Clicks and Pops.
- Power Line Hum.
- DC Offset.
- Clipped Signal.
- Audio time stretching without affecting pitch.
- Ambient Noise Print to quickly replace unwanted noises from live recordings.
- Background Noise Removal including noise print.
- Sample ruler units in sample value, normalized, percent and decibel view.
- Snapping to ruler ticks, zero crossings and markers.
- Support for bit depths up to 32-bit float.
- Support for sample rates from 2kHz to 192kHz.
- AIFF, WAV, MP3, SDII, NEXT, QuickTime and STAP (Soundtrack Audio Project) file playback support.
- Export files non-destructively as STAP files or destructively as AIFF, WAV, SDII or NEXT.
- Selection history.
- Waveform and frequency spectrum views with linear and logarithmic display.
- Animated waveform feedback.
- Mini waveform view.
Comprehensive Audio Toolset
- Processes including:
- Fade in/Fade out.
- Amplitude Adjust.
- Swap Channels.
- Mono Conversion.
- Generate silence, white noise, pink noise, sine wave, sawtooth wave, square wave, or triangle wave.
- Support for Audio Units plug-ins.
- Audio Units presets available to all Audio Units compatible applications.
- More than 5000 Apple Loops, including more than 1000 sound effects
- Powerful Search Engine.
- Support for Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, MP3 and ACID sound and music libraries.
- Multitrack timeline with tracks, outputs and busses.
- Multiple multitrack and audio file projects open at once.
- Mixed sample rates supported in multitrack projects.
- Time or beat based tracks.
- Time and beat rulers.
- Time ruler in HH:MM:SS, seconds, samples, frames, drop frame, non-drop frame.
- Loop clip transposition.
- Loop clip speed adjustments (quadruple, double, normal, half, quarter).
- Adjustable automatic or manual crossfades.
- Momentary mono switch.
- Automatable master tempo and key.
- Console style mixer interface.
- Control Surface support (Mackie Control protocol).
- Resizable video tab.
- Powerful browser for locating content quickly.
- Automation of most mix and effect parameters with read, touch and latch modes.
- Pre and post fader send busses for application of common effect plug-ins to multiple tracks.
- Output bussing for single fader control of multiple tracks.
- Support for multi-channel audio output devices.
- Beat, time and end of song markers.
- Multitake recording with take selection in multitrack timeline.
- Customizable window layouts.
- AppleScript scriptable and recordable (executable from Soundtrack Pro, Final Cut Pro 5 or as AppleScript droplets for batch processing).
- Mac OS X v10.4 Automator actions for creation of complex multi-application workflows.
- Support for video formats up to HD resolutions.
- Integrated Video tab in Multitrack and Waveform views.
- Output to SD and HD1 video monitors (via firewire or PCI card).
- HD1 or SD output using DCD (Digital Cinema Desktop2) to second cinema display.
- Send and receive MIDI time code and beat clock for synchronization with hardware and software.
- Integration with Final Cut Pro 5, DVD Studio Pro 4, and Motion 2.
- Roundtrip audio file editing with Final Cut Pro 5 and Motion 2.
- Support for Final Cut Pro scoring markers.
- Adaptive Limiter.
- Noise Gate.
EQ and Filter
- Clip Distortion.
- Distortion II.
- Phase Distortion.
- Channel EQ.
- Fat EQ.
- High Cut.
- High Pass Filter.
- High Shelving EQ.
- Linear Phase EQ.
- Low Cut.
- Low Pass Filter.
- Low Shelving EQ.
- Match EQ.
- Parametric EQ.
- Soundtrack Pro Autofilter.
- Modulation Delay.
- Scanner Vibrato.
- Soundtrack Pro Reverb.
- Space Designer.
- Stereo Delay.
- Tape Delay.
Soundtrack Pro, Apple's revolutionary new audio editing and sound design application lets you express your sonic vision quickly and economically.
- Pitch Shifter II.
- Spectral Gate.
- Stereo Spread.
- Vocal Transform.
|Manufacturer Part Number
Soundtrack Pro Image Gallery
Can We Help?
Sweetwater's friendly and knowledgeable Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and educated professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. As your personal contact here at Sweetwater, they are available to provide personalized advice any time you need it.
Call toll-free (800) 222-4700 or E-mail us