Yamaha PSR-S650 DemoItem ID: PSRS650BKd
61-key Portable Arranger Keyboard with 864 Sounds, 181 Accompaniment Styles, Alternative Tunings, 16MB FlashROM Expansion, and MegaVoice Articulation Technology
Yes, It's In Stock!
This item is available for immediate delivery. You'll enjoy the fastest delivery time in the industry with our centrally-located warehouse and latest shipping cut-off times.
Condition: This item was thoroughly inspected by our factory-authorized service team. It is certified to be in perfect working order. There are a few light marks on the keyboard, but the product is in great shape and contains the full manufacturer's warranty. What does Demo mean? The image(s) shown do not necessarily represent the condition of this particular item.
Only 1 left!
Get More Value From Sweetwater
Limited Time Offer
24 Months Interest Free Financing!
On purchase of Yamaha products made with your Sweetwater Card now through December 31, 2013
From Our Research Team:
An Amazing Value-pack Arranger Keyboard!The Yamaha PSR-S650 arranger keyboard strikes the perfect balance between flexibility and affordability, giving you professional performance for a great low price. Loaded with 864 amazing sounds and 181 built-in accompaniment styles, the PSR-S650 covers and impressively wide range of musical styles. What's more, onboard MegaVoice style technology lets you play instruments such as guitars and basses on the PSR-S650 with authentic articulation, something that's literally out of reach for conventional keyboards. Custom tunings, including Arabic and Pythagorean also open up a world of authentic musical styles. And with 16MB of internal FlashROM Expansion, you can easily add even more sounds to the Yamaha PSR-S650.
Yamaha PSR-S650 Portable Arranger Keyboard at a Glance:
A world of instrument sounds in one amazing keyboard
Building on the wild success of their PSR-S550 arranger, Yamaha designed the PSR-S650 to be even more flexible than ever before. No matter what style of music you want to play, the PSR-S650 is ready. Loaded with 864 sounds (plus 16MB of internal FlashROM Expansion sample storage) and 181 accompaniment styles, the PSR-S650 covers an extremely broad range of music. And thanks to a massive selection of alternative scale tunings, you can add the perfect touch of authenticity to your exotic styles.
MegaVoice technology provides the perfect articulation for your instruments
Not every instrument is easy to play correctly on a standard keyboard layout. That's why Yamaha equipped the PSR-S650 with their impressive MegaVoice technology. Yamaha's MegaVoice technology translates the notes you play on the PSR-S650 into realistic fingerings and chords for the instrument you've selected. This allows you to play instruments such as guitar and bass with standard keyboard fingerings, and still achieve absolutely authentic articulation.
Onboard sequencer lets you capture your performances
More than just a fantastic performance keyboard, the Yamaha PSR-S650 is a songwriter's playground. Thanks to the onboard 16-track sequencer, you can easily use your PSR-S650 to lay down song ideas, capture jam sessions, and write entire songs. When you're finished, a handy USB port lets you transfer songs to your computer. Even cooler, this same USB connection also lets you integrate your PSR-S650 with your favorite DAW.
Yamaha PSR-S650 Portable Arranger Keyboard Features:
Perform a world of musical styles, with the affordable Yamaha PSR-S650 portable arranger keyboard!
Can We Help?Sweetwater's friendly and knowledgeable Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and educated professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. As your personal contact here at Sweetwater, they are available to provide personalized advice any time you need it.
Call toll-free (800) 222-4700 or E-mail us
Patty, El Sobrante, CA
Reviewsbased on 2 reviews
My Great New Yamaha PSR S650
by Alan Gavron from Austin TXThanks for your great service the keyboard is all I expected it to be.
April 24, 2012
Music Background: Hobbyist
I have a few questions and will call shortly to make it easier to use. I may not use all the arranging stuff but the sound... read more [+] is what i wanted.
Have not read the book but have it working already. close [-]
I like this keyboard
by MrDauber from United StatesOverall this is a great keyboard. The finish looks decent, the buttons have quality feeling both when looking at and when touching. This is my second keyboard which I pre-ordered before its release an... read more [+]d already own it for more than 4 months at the time of writing this review. I have never had a fully professional keyboard though. My first keyboard was Yamaha PSR530 which had been just released when I bought it in mid 90s and which was a decent mid-range keyboard at that time. Well, it is obvious that technological advancement brought the keyboards nowadays to a new level compared with ones a decade or more ago. So let me list what I liked in this keyboard so far, and what I didn't like that much.
March 9, 2012
Music Background: Hobbyist
* Not a narrow list of accompaniment built-in styles. I have been quite OK with built-in 181 styles. I'm pretty much sure almost all of them are of high quality. Though I've not tried playing with all of them yet.
* Voice quality is between good and excellent. Well, most sounds are really realistic (but not all, see Cons), especially guitar sounds.
* Expandable. This is a cool feature. I've already bought and installed the oriental expansion pack which gave new voices and styles to the keyboard. With this feature you are kind of peaceful that your new keyboard will not get outdated too soon - you can give it new sounds and styles whenever you want (well, there is a storage limitation, see Cons).
* The external look and layout overall feels kind of minimalistic. Which I'm not so sure whether is a good feature or not. But I like it. Looks quite professional.
* Good quality of speakers. No distortion at all even when the volume is fully maximized.
* Has a flash disc USB port. You can use this port to install new expansion packs. To install new styles. To export your recorded songs. Like it very much.
* Lightweight. Yes this keyboard is quite lightweight. Even you can hold it on your single finger easily. Well I can and I'm not a very strong guy physically. :) This was a joke, but it is really lightweight.
* Only 1 audio out port. Even my PSR530 had two of them. One would not block (mute) the sound from the speakers which would be quite handy when you want to record a song playback from your keyboard to your computer. But with this 1 out port, your speakers will be muted so you cannot listen to what is being played during the recording. Well this can be overcome by a pair of headphones plugged into the computer, but still not so comfortable.
* Screen interface is not very user friendly. Because the keyboard has not too many buttons (which as said above look quite cool), the screen has a kind of overloaded functionality. I already used to use it flexibly, but still not as flexible as I would do with my previous PSR530.
* Some violin sounds are not so good. Especially solo violin voices sound somewhat artificial, somewhat cheap. Even the new Sweet Violin voice is not that good. Not the same or close to e.g. guitar sounds which are really great.
* After recording songs you cannot change the instruments on different tracks. At least I cannot find a way to do it. It's possible to change individual track volume, pan, etc, but not the instrument the track is playing with. This is kind of limitation, but not a serious problem though.
Overall, I'm pleased with this keyboard. This is not a toy, but a serious keyboard. I believe I will use it for a long time and that it's a good value. If I would to give a "yes" or "no" answer to this keyboard, I'd definitely say "yes". I recommend Yamaha PSR-S650 as a mid-range keyboard suitable from hobbyists to professional musicians. close [-]
Buy Today, MakeSweetwater's Flexible Payment Plan is a convenient, interest-free way to buy gear now and stretch your purchase across three budget-friendly payments. Simply choose the "3 Easy Payments" option in your cart, and we'll divide your purchase amount into three convenient payments, billed to your current MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express card. There is a $10 processing fee for using this service, and your billing address must be in the United States to be eligible. It's just another way we make shopping at Sweetwater easy and convenient!
Get your Yamaha PSR-S650 now and spread out the payments!
This program is subject to credit approval. We will pull a copy of your credit report to approve your application.