Parker PDF60 (Gloss Black) (No Longer Available)
Solidbody Electric Guitar, Vibrato System, Radial Neck Joint, Humbuckers - Black
Sorry, the Parker PDF60 (Gloss Black) is no longer available. We've left this page up for reference only. Check out the great alternatives on this page or call toll-free (800) 222-4700 to speak with a Sweetwater Sales Engineer about similar products.
From Our Research Team:
Ever the innovative company, Parker Guitars is continually tweaking and modifying to achieve perfection, and the Parker PDF60 is no exception. The new PDF line features a new radial neck joint that creates better transfer of tone from neck to body and no neck slippage. The PDF60 has a lightweight basswood body and ebony fingerboard. The new flared headstock provides strength for a slimmer neck profile and more comfortable playing. The Parker vibrato system and locking tuners finish off this modern wonder. The Parker PDF60 is a continuing evolution of guitars.
Parker PDF60 Features at a Glance:
Get your hands on a modern guitar with the parker PDF60.
Can We Help?Sweetwater's friendly and knowledgeable Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and educated professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. As your personal contact here at Sweetwater, they are available to provide personalized advice any time you need it.
Call toll-free (800) 222-4700 or E-mail us
Be the first to review this product
Astounding Excellence and Value
by Casey Scott from Central ILThis is an amazing guitar. I'm a huge Parker Guitars superfan, and this is my 5th from a company known for innovation and pushing the envelope. As I said, it is a guitar of astounding excellence, if... read more [+] you take into consideration a couple key factors: 1. It is not made in America, unlike many of Parker's other guitars (most notably, the Fly). 2. If you're used to Parker guitars, you'll feel "almost home" with this. This guitar is the PERFECT backup guitar for a Fly - it has a similar body geometry and feel, and similar tonality to my Fly Deluxe.
June 7, 2012
Music Background: Longtime Hobbyist
Here's what I like most:
1. Very Flexible Tone. For a basswood guitar, it has a surprisingly large number of usable tones. It can go from metal to jazz. Seriously. The Duncan Designed USM pickups are very flexible and with a coil-tap and judicial use of the volume knob, you'll be amazed how many classic sounds you can get out of one guitar.
2. Very fast neck / feel. Parker's are known for killer necks (speaking from 20+ yrs experience, nothing I've ever played has been faster and smoother than my Fly). The PDF60 clearly shows its genetic link to the Fly. I would prefer the Stainless Steel frets, but hey - it's the bottom of the line - what do you expect?
3. Surprisingly light / comfortable. Basswood is known for being light, but this guitar only weighs about half a pound more than my Fly Deluxe! Over those long jams, that really saves your back. Also, it's perfect standing or seated. Very comfortable to play.
4. Modder's Paradise. The control cavity on this guitar has lots of open space! If you want a great guitar to modify with all sorts of on-board gizmos, get this one!
Okay, enough raving. Here's why it didn't get 5 stars:
1. Action. Don't misunderstand, it's good - very good - but not quite Fly level good. The action on the guitar is lower than my Strat, but not my Fly. I can't seem to get it any lower.
2. Tuners. The guitar comes with locking tuners, but they're not Sperzels (like the Fly). That's an easy upgrade, but I think it should just come that way. All but one of the tuners on it work just fine, but I couldn't get the high E to lock, and had to wind the string around the post. No big deal, but how much more would a set of Sperzels have been?
3. Switch. It's almost kind of funny, but the pickup selector was in "backwards" - the toggle toward the neck activated the bridge pup. 2 minutes, a screwdriver and a gentle touch unscrewing the switch and turning it, and it was problem solved... but still - what's up with that?
Overall, this is an absolutely killer guitar. It looks amazing, plays great, and sounds fantastic. It's hard to go wrong with a Parker in general, but even the bottom of the line is an exceptional guitar! close [-]
Christopher , Savannah, GA
Parker PDF60 (Gloss Black)
Buy Today, MakeSweetwater's Flexible Payment Plan is a convenient, interest-free way to buy gear now and stretch your purchase across three budget-friendly payments. Simply choose the "3 Easy Payments" option in your cart, and we'll divide your purchase amount into three convenient payments, billed to your current MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express card. There is a $10 processing fee for using this service, and your billing address must be in the United States to be eligible. It's just another way we make shopping at Sweetwater easy and convenient!
Get your Parker PDF60 (Gloss Black) now and spread out the payments!
This program is subject to credit approval. We will pull a copy of your credit report to approve your application.