1. To place in a specific position
2. To combine words with music (e.g., to set a poem to music)
3. To adjust, as in “set a parameter.”
4. A group of songs performed in a period of time, between breaks. (e.g., a 45-minute set, consisting of 10 songs followed by a 15-minute break.)
5. An arrangement of decoration, scenery, and items on a stage for a performance.
6. Fixed in solid form, as in a set neck.
7. A collection of things that belong together.
8. The number of people necessary for a square dance.
9. An Egyptian god with the head of an animal who killed his brother and injured his nephew.