I am currently using Cubase VST 5 / 32 with a MOTU 24i to do my production work. I am lacking the sheen in my mixes, I mainly use the standard eqs, compressors and gates that come with Cubase and sometimes use the waves renaissance compressor and waves paremetric eqs when I have the processing power available to me.
My mixes don't sound that great. Admittidly, I do not have much mastering experience (though I have been doing my own masters for the last three years, just not very well) but I would like to be able to have the equipment to do a nice pro mix at the end of the day. I was thinking about buying a Motu 2408mk2 with an 01V-96 with the extra ADAT board and use the sequencing of Cubase with the outputs going into the 01V-96 and I have some questions:
1. Will there be a major difference between the standard eqs, compressors and noise gates you get with Cubase and the 01V-96?
2. Should I be able to get good mixes from my existing setup and is the problem just me?
3. What are the other effects like on the 01V-96 compared to Cubase stuff?
4. What mastering stuff comes with the 01V-96? I heard you could buy a finalizer board for the original 01v, can you get that with the new one?
5. Should I be able to get decent sounding results with the 01V?
Thanks in advance