We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Why is Pro Tools 8 crashing??!!!??!!

NFroehlich

I’m using ProTools LE 8 on Mac OS X 10.6.6 with a MacBook Pro 2.4 duo core 4GB ram and a Digi 003 and also an Mbox Mini. ProTools is crashing about every 15 minutes (“quitting unexpectedly”). I’ve been using this machine for about a year, and this problem started two days ago. In the past two days, I started using plug-ins that my friend installed recently (Q 10 series, TrueVerb, etc.) and I believe this may have caused the problem. Will a re-install help? Please help!!!!! Thank you!
June 30, 2011 @05:39pm
Andrew_Malloy

If your friend installed them as a favor for you, then you most likely do not have the licenses for them. Chances are also that the Plugins aren't compatible completely. Those are the biggest causes of instability for Pro Tools.
Take them out of your Plug In folder and it should clear up.
June 30, 2011 @05:42pm
Kevin.Jackson

Yup sounds like a plug in issue. Pro Tools is very particular about the most recent and updated plug ins...and very picky. I would also try and "trash" the preferences - there are a lot of forums on that - one being the Digi User Conference. Hope that helps!
September 18, 2011 @05:49pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!