Hi, I am running a macbook 2.0ghz with 2.0 gigs of ram on OS 10.4.9 and an mbox mini with PT LE 7.3.1cs2 and a Glyph GT050Q external firewire drive. So far I have had nothing but problems. Although some of the PT updates have solved one or two of them, almost all the original problems are still present. I have scoured the net looking for and trying all sorts of solutions to no avail. Here's what's going on:
1. Constant CPU spikes in every session, regardless of size or plugin count
2. Constant buffer errors when mixing, even at highest buffer setting
3. When I hit the record ready button, a mystery signal is already present that is constant and won't go away until I unplug the mbox and reboot
4. When loading a session, there is a pop and the audio disappears until I unplug the mbox and reboot
5. I can't record one single track without getting a buffer error, even at higher buffer levels.
6. General overall poor performance
Here's what I've tried so far (not necessarily is this order):
1. Updating from 7.1 to 7.3 to 7.3.1 to 7.3.1cs2
2. Tried with all buffer levels and DAE settings
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled PT and all updates
4. Repaired file permissions
5. Combo updated from os 10.4.8 to 10.4.9
6. Tried changing between 1 and 2 processor settings
7. Limited open ended recording allocation to 7 min.
8. Clicked checkbox for "Ignore Errors during playback/record"
9. Tried different CPU usages
10. Closed all other programs that were open
11. Stopped Dashboard and Airport from running in the background
Anyways, I could keep going, but you get the idea. Does anybody have any new ideas that I haven't tried yet?