Not compatible with OSX 10.6.x
The SetMaker Story
You see, I struggled for a long time trying to find a way to quickly and easily make set lists that I could take to my gigs. I experimented with different database programs and spreadsheets, but nothing really seemed to get the job done quite the way I needed it. So finally I approached a couple friends and we worked together to design a custom program that met my specific needs. I’m thrilled with it and now I’m offering it to you, free of charge.
SetMaker is useful for any musician who is looking for a better way to manage their collection of songs. It keeps track of song titles, styles, tempos, lengths, and more. It’s also THE FASTEST way to create and print out Set Lists for any occasion. Whether you’re a gigging musician, a worship leader, a DJ, or a music director, SetMaker can help you organize your songs and assist you in picking the best songs for your performance.
I’ve found SetMaker to be a great help to me personally and I hope you find it to be useful as well.
- Chuck Surack
More About SetMaker
Features Added to Version 2.0:
||There are basically two different parts or areas of SetMaker:
- Song Manager - SetMaker is a “Song Manager” in the sense that it allows you to keep a “database” or “list” of song information. This data is automatically saved with the program and can be categorized, filtered, and manipulated in a variety of useful ways.
- Set List Creator - SetMaker allows you to quickly select songs from your database, put them in a Set List, and print out a compact clean-looking list of songs to use for live performance, general reference, etc. You can create and save as many “Sets” as you like (unlike “Songs” which are automatically saved with the program).
- New “Key” Field
- Filter Songs By Key
- New “Key” Column In Every Set List
- Open Multiple Set Lists Simultaneously
- Drag And Drop Between Set Lists
- Print All The Songs In The Songs Window
- Songs In The Songs Window Are Saved With Every Modification
- Print Preview Your Print Jobs
- More Control Over Final Printed Output
- Backwards Compatibility With SetMaker 1.0/1.1 Set Lists
- Best Feature Of All: It’s Still FREE!!!
How To Upgrade From SetMaker 1.x To 2.0
- Start up your “old” version of SetMaker and export all your songs to a file
(select Songs -> Export Song List).
- Install SetMaker 2.0 following the installation instructions below.
- Start up SetMaker 2.0 and select Songs -> Import New Song List. Import the file that you just exported from your “old” version of SetMaker in step 1. This will load your song collection into SetMaker 2.0.
- You’re done! Enjoy using SetMaker 2.0.
Installation Instructions - Mac OS X
- Download SetMaker for Mac OS X (10.1.3 min.).
- After the download is complete, a new disk volume should mount named "SetMaker 2.0.1". If it does not exist you may need to double-click the file named "SetMaker.dmg" on your desktop (or the default download location for your browser) in order to mount it.
- Inside the "SetMaker 2.0.1" volume there will be a folder named "SetMaker 2.0.1" (same name as the volume). Drag the "SetMaker 2.0.1" folder into your Applications folder. You must drag the whole folder. If you try to drag in the SetMaker app by itself, the program won't work correctly.
- Make sure you have the latest Java update. You can check for one by choosing "Software Update..." from the Apple Menu in the Finder. If there's no Java update listed in the Software Update window, that means you already have the current version.
- Double-click the SetMaker application to start it up.
Installation Instructions - Windows
- Download SetMaker for Windows.
- After the download is complete, you will see a file named setmaker_bundle.zip in your download location.
- If you have WinZip (or another unzip utility) installed, double click on the setmaker_bundle.zip icon and EXTRACT the contents to a destination folder of your choice. You must EXTRACT the zip file to maintain the proper directory structure. If you just drag the files out of WinZip, SetMaker will not function correctly.
- If the extraction was done correctly you will see a “SetMaker 2.0” folder in the destination folder you specified. The contents of this folder should not be modified (although the SetMaker 2.0 folder itself can be relocated). Inside the SetMaker 2.0 folder you will see a folder called “Prefs”. If the “Prefs” folder is there, congratulations, SetMaker 2.0 is ready to go on your machine.
- Double-click the SetMaker application (SetMaker.exe) to start it up.
If you get an error that says "Could not load runtime library..." that means that you need to install the Java Runtime Environment on your machine. Go to http://java.com to download.
This software is provided “as is” with no warranties or guarantees of any kind. Sweetwater does not accept responsibility for any problems caused in your computer stemming from the installation or use of this software.