The Job of a Sweetwater Sales Engineer
Being a Sweetwater Sales Engineer for your career can be both challenging and exciting. It requires someone who works hard, is passionate about music technology, and - most of all - is self-motivated, proactive, and driven to excellence.
On any given day, our Sales Engineers may be scheduled to work 9-6, 10-7, 11-8, or noon-9. During that workday, he or she will perform an astounding number of duties, including:
- Making 80 to well over 100 outbound phone calls to: discuss new orders placed over the internet, ensure proper delivery of shipments, develop new customer relationships, and maintain relationships with his or her existing customers.
- Managing his or her database of 3,000 to 6,000 customers to ensure everyone is being taken care of.
- Assisting the customers of other Sales Engineers who may be out of the office or assisting another customer.
- Explaining to customers concepts of music technology such as digital audio recording, sound synthesis, MIDI, guitar tone, or countless other topics.
- Following up on issues that arrive throughout the day via phone and e-mail.
- Configuring the wiring and required products for a recording studio patch bay or live guitar rig.
- Attending a training session on the latest gear or software program.
- Researching to find the ideal product for a customer's unique need.
- Designing and specifying a sound system for a school auditorium, church, or concert venue.
- Giving a tour of Sweetwater's headquarters to a customer visiting from out of state.
- Troubleshooting a problematic gear issue, or working with our Tech Support Department to provide assistance for a customer.
Rarely are these duties happening one at a time, so any prospective Sales Engineers must be a master of multitasking. We hire the best and brightest people possible and expect them to work at a very focused and rapid pace to ensure that our customers experience The Sweetwater Difference with every call, e-mail, and interaction. Does it sound tough? It is VERY tough — but the advantages and rewards are commensurate to the effort required. Not the least of which is getting to work with a great team that is committed to doing the right thing and being immersed in the latest gear while helping our customers - everyone from hobbyists to pros, every day.